Key Supplier Manager (Procurement / Inkoop)
Our client, a leading international company in the development of plants (factories) for fertilizer production, is looking to strenghten their procurement deparment! We are looking for a candidate from an EU member country.
The department is currently expanding its scope to post-order management. A key part of new accountabilities will be making sure that the selected suppliers represent the lowest Total Cost of Ownership, for which it is essential that supplies are delivered in quality and that delivery dates are met.
What you do as a Key Supplier Manager:
You are responsible for the on-time delivery of critical equipment supplies, by following the expediting methodology, policies and best practices. Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the execution of projects at suppliers (360 degrees).
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement Department, and on a project basis to assigned project managers. You act with authonomy with all supplier’s execution related activities and keep the Project Manager informed to allow him/her to manage the client’s requirements and expectations.
- Receive hand over of supply contract from buyers.
- Organize and attend kick off meetings.
- Ensure technical documents are exchanged and reviewed according to pre-established approval cycles and control their progress.
- Receive from the followed suppliers a progress report in line with the established format for each main piece of equipment, assign relative weights to each production phase and monitor the production process with suppliers.
- In case of any delay, ask supplier to produce a recovery plan, analyze it and if approved follow it up
- Monitor and expedite (if needed) the progress of internal activities.
What makes you a succesful Key Supplier Manager:
- You combine at least a Bachelor Degree (preferably technical) with at least 3 years of experience in the manufacturing proces (preferably of high pressure vessels or valves). It is a plus to have previous experience as a field expeditor or inspector.
- If you a background in sales, you could also be a good fit as long as you have enough techical experience to be able to manage suppliers.
- You are able to read contracts, and understand the main contractual terms.
- You have good communication abilities that range from drafting accurate minute of meetings to communicating on all levels within the suppliers organizations.
- You have strong Project Management skills.
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written.
Working at Decom
Of course we make the best possible match between specialist and client, but we go further than that. We also help specialists to achieve their goals after the start of their new challenge.
You work for a renowned client and are part of #TeamDecom. That means good support, coaching, a strong network and super fine colleagues.
Your effort is well rewarded. You receive an excellent salary based on knowledge and experience. In addition, we invest in the fun that goes with a nice job.
Are you going with us for the next step in your career?